Friday, December 20, 2013

Change of weather

Two days ago a cold front was about the hit the island of Maui. On that morning, it was a beautiful sunny day with wind. Anybody who knows Maui also knows that wind is very common here. It could have been like any other day but there was something different and the horses could sense it.

Maybe the direction of the wind, the temperature, the atmospheric pressure... the horses were very nervous, especially when a lead mare was removed from her herd (for special feeding and care).
As I observed the weather I could find the Vata qualities of it: windy, dry, cool. And I could also see how a Vata imbalance was showing in the horses through nervousness and anxiety. They were agitated, irritated and impatient.
Being aware of the Vata situation, I let every horses with their buddies, gave them food and didn't bother them. I cancelled my class.

Clouds heading for East side of island.

Later that day the clouds came in and it started to rain. Almost a relief as everything was slowly coming back to peace.
I am always amazed when witnessing the extreme sensitivity of horses, at so many levels. It was a great opportunity for me to tune with them and acknowledge our connection to Nature, to respect the moment and to act accordingly to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment